CrowdYou're in my spot, Sir.
A crowd system is a way to handle a large number of characters at the same time in the same environment. They need to be able to move around and avoid each other. The agent tell the crowds system where it wish to go and it will get back a path and movement orders so it avoids running into other agents. For that the crowd system need access to the pathfinder search graph so it can see what parts are valid and can replan when paths collide.
- Postmortem: Developing Systemic Crowd Events on Assassin's Creed Unity - 2015
- RVO2 UDK - 2011
- RVO2 Library - 2010
- PLEdestrians - 2010
- Simulating Crowd Dynamics: Flow Lanes and Character Animation - 2008
- GPU-Based Scene Management for Rendering Large Crowds - 2008
- GPU Crowd Simulation - 2008
- Controlling Individual Agents in High-Density Crowd Simulation - 2007
- Comparison Of Crowd Simulation For Building Evacuation And an Alternative Approach - 2007
- Continuum Crowds - 2006
- Using AI with steering behaviors to model crowds - 2004
- Crowd and Multi-agent Simulation