The Unreal AutomationTool (UAT) is a system to script the Unreal engine. It can be run from the command line with the RunUAT batch file. Commands given to UAT will be run sequentially. After a command arguments are listed. Commands exist in the form of commandlets .
RunUAT.bat Command1 [Arg1 Arg2...] Command2 [Arg3 Arg4…] ...
- -Help Shows help and options for AutomationTool in general, or (when specified after a command name) help for that particular command.
- -List Displays a list of all available AutomationTool commands.
Commandlets are command line program the run inside the Unreal Engine environment. They can be run from command line use UE4Editor-cmd with project file, -run=name and then parameters.
UE4Editor-cmd projectname -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -allmaps
Builds/Cooks/Runs a project.
* BuildGraph custom script
* Script (XML) based system part of UAT
* Samples in Engine/Build/Graph/Examples
* Agents: groups of nodes executed on the same build machine
* Nodes: Sequences of tasks
* Task: Build process step (updating, compiling, etc)
* BuildGraph InstallBuild script
* Like your own Unreal launcher
* Created to deploy non editable builds (Engine/Build/InstalledEgine/Build.xml)
* Easy for designers and artists
* Engine build only, not for projects.
* RunUAT BuildGraph
This commandlets let us perform operation on selected assets and then re save them.