Guidelines for version control with Unreal
- Only checkout assets you are working on so you do not block others.
- Put working copy of projects in the root drives to avoid problems with windows path lengths.
- Split up assets to make it possible for people to work on different parts of something.
- Behavioir trees
- Levels - Ex logic, lighting, audio, environment.
- Blueprint function library
- Gameplay ability system
- Animation linking
What folders and files should be put into the VCS
If you have third-party libraries in /Binaries also include them but not the binaries built from your project.
/build /config /content /source .uproject
What folders and files should be ignored by the VCS
Version Control Fundamentals - 2020