Here are details about file formats that contain graphical data in the form of images and 3d models.
I sort each format in one of the following categories to make it more easy to make sense of them. Listed in order from most to least useful.
- Exchange: Format supported by many programs and is often used to move data between programs.
- Immediate: Format made for optimal loading directly into the game.
- Game: Immediate formats used in existing games.
- Obsolete: Old format no longer in common use.
- Native: The default way a program save it's data.
Types of formats