The interface to a graphical system. For the details of how the hardware works look at the GPU section.
- Stateless : Low level API's such as DirectX12 and Vulkan.
- State : State Machine style API's such as DirectX11 and OpenGL.
- Obsolete : Ancient 3D API's that are no longer in use.
- Software : Without any GPU to help out one needs to use software rendering. The rendering is done on the CPU and then moved to the video memory for display.
- 2D: 2D graphic apis.
- Debug Graphics : How to debug graphics issues.
- Optimize Graphics : How to optimize graphics.
A Primer on sokol_gfx.h - 2020
sokol_gfx.h Backend Tour - 2020
Sokol - 2018
px_render - 2018
The-Forge - 2018
A Tour of sokol_gfx.h - 2017