Mostly used to watch movies to be honest
The PS3 contain a Cell processor and all the details about coding for it can be found on the page about it.
Nvidia RSX that have 256 MB GDDR3 memory. Accessed by the PPU and SPUs with DMA.
- The Creation of Killzone 3 - 2012
- Practical Occlusion Culling in Killzone 3- 2011
- SPU-Based Deferred Shading in BATTLEFIELD 3 for Playstation 3 - 2011
- Parallelized Light Pre-Pass Rendering with the Cell Broadband Engine - 2009
- Battle-Tested Deferred Rendering on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC - 2009
- The Rendering Technology of Killzone 2 - 2009
- A Bizarre Way to do Real-Time Lighting - 2009
- SPU Assisted Rendering - 2009
- Deferred Rendering in Killzone 2 - 2007
- PS3 Audio: More Than Extra Channels - 2007
- Crowd Simulation on PS3 - 2006
256 MB system ram used by the PPU and accessible by the SPUs with DMA.
The PlayStation 3’s SPUs in the Real World: A Killzone 2 Case Study - 2009