The information on this page is all from the public information in the links below.
The CPU is a eight-core AMD Jaguar at 1.6 GHz/2.1 Ghz. The cores are split into two groups that each have a 2 MB L2 cache. Each core has a 32 kB L1 instruction and data caches.
AMD Radeon GCN GPU .
8 GB of GDDR5. Memory is shared among the CPU and GPU. There are three buses that are used to access memory. The GPU buses can be used to select if the data accessed by the GPU need to be in sync with what the CPU think it is set to.
- CPU Bus: 20 GiB/s
- GPU Onion bus: 10 GiB/s cache-choherent access. Use for shared data between CPU and GPU. Ex are shader parameters.
- GPU Garlic bus: 176 GiB/s non cache-coherent access. Use for data used exclusively by the GPU. Ex are frame buffers, geometry buffers.
- Inside PlayStation 4 Pro: How Sony made the first 4K games console - 2016
- Xbox One: A technical summary, potential impacts of DirectX 12, Asynchronous Compute capabilities and comparison with the PS4 - 2015
- Efficient Usage of Compute Shaders on Xbox One and PS4 - 2014
- Killzone Shadow Fall Demo Postmortem Talk - 2013
- PlayStation Shading Language for PS4 - 2013
- CPU-World AMD PlayStation 4 specifications