The goal of any programmer is to unlock the secrets of the bit.
- A single bit in a data type, like a integer.
- In C++ they are accessed with bitwise operations.
- A bitmask is a integer that select a number of bits. Ex 0x4 select the third bit.
- Bit Fields - 2013
- A true or false value.
- In C++ it's stored in a int and 0 is false and everything else is true.
- Integer is a data type that represents a subset of whole numbers.
- Unsigned can only contain non-negative numbers. Signed can have both positive and negative values.
- Width of an integral type is the number of bits it use.
- A single text character in a alphabet but it often also include control characters such as new line.
- Typically combined into strings.
- Each character is a number and how many bits are needed for a character depends on the size of the character set.
- The mapping of character number to a specific symbol is called the character encoding.
- Strings are a array of characters.
- It contain the length of the string or it ends with a special characters (0 in C strings).