You start out with 99 problems, fix one and have 101 left
This is the page is about the thread support in C++ 11. For other API's and languages look at the sub pages (Thread API Windows).
Thread support library
The class represents a single thread of execution.
- join : waits for a thread to finish its execution
- detach : Make the thread execute independently from the thread handle.
- get_id : Get the id of the thread
- native_handle : Get the native handle of the thread.
- hardware_concurrency : Return number of concurrent threads supported
Namespace functions related to the current running thread.
- std::thread::id get_id() : Return a id for the current thread.
- yield(): Hint that the thread has nothing more to do right now and can be put to sleep.
Limit access to a shared resources.
- lock - Locks mutex, blocks if mutex is not available.
- try_lock - Try to lock the mutex, returns false if mutex not available.
- unlock - Unlocks the mutex
Atomic operations library
Acquire and Release Fences - 2013
Better Code: Concurrency - 2019
Advanced thread pool - 2019
Fast semaphore - 2019
Simple thread pool - 2019
Fast mutex - 2019
Read/write mutex - 2019
Synchronizing with atomics - 2019
Atomic blocking queue - 2019
atomic<> Weapons - 2019
Dekker’s algorithm - 2019